Are you looking for a fun workout to compliment your practice? Barre is a great workout that incorporates many similar postures to yoga plus it will get you dancing, shaking your stuff and working up a sweat!
Here are some facts about Barre classes to get you pumped:
- Those tiny movements can help you get stronger. The isometric contractions that make up the bulk of a barre class occur when the muscle tenses without changing length. Isometric exercise is a great way to maintain muscle strength.
- These higher-rep, low-weight exercises target slow-twitch muscles, which help increase endurance.
- You’ll target multiple muscle groups at once.
- You’ll improve your mind-body connection. The smaller movements in a barre class can bring a new level of awareness to the body that you don’t get in regular strength workouts.
- Barre classes can help improve postural alignment, core strength, and enhance mobility
Source info credit to: greatist.com/move/benefits-of-barre-workout
Remember, there are two Barre classes that run each week at Sacred Arts for your convenience: Tuesdays at 7:45pm and Fridays at 5:30pm. Since it’s Tuesday today, you can get back to it tonight with Vanessa! Reserve your spot for a class here!.